Friday, March 15, 2013

Jewelry Knock-off: Holly Yashi Greta Necklace

Holly Yashi has a gorgeous wedding necklace called "Greta."

It is lovely. It is so feminine. It is so $160. Ouch!

But looooook at it:


So I decided to make my own...

First, I recruited my 'help'


Then, I shooed the 'help' away. Sorry, Mini-me, maybe next time...

I had the components in my stash, but for price comparison I used

one heart clasp, just because


$8.23 from Fire Mountain Gems

Several colors of Swarovski crystal pearls and crystals, totalling $5.64 worth.
Pearls:
Creamrose in 12 mm, 6mm, & 3mm
Copper in 8mm & 4 mm
Powder green in 6 mm
Vintage gold in 6 mm
Crystals:
Moonlight in 6mm
Golden Shadow in 8mm
Air Blue Opal in 3mm
Indicolite in 4mm & 3mm
Erinite in 4mm

I generally purchase mixed-color lots and separate them myself to save money.

One length of chain, approximately 33" worth, along with miscellaneous head pins and jump rings, worth about $1.

My grand total for materials? About $15.

and...the finished product:





So what do you think?




No comments:

Post a Comment